Gorilla Trekking vs Gorilla Habituation Experience.
Gorilla Trekking vs Gorilla Habituation Experience are two terms that have similarities and differences. In case you want to visit gorillas, understand the arrangement under which you are seeing them. Gorilla Trekking Services, one of the best gorilla safari companies is laying down for you the differences and similarities so that you choose what to undertake based on your budget and preferences. In the tourism, both terms are all about gorilla tourism. This tourism has attracted the world attention to the plight of the endangered species. People pay attention to gorillas through tourism activities. Whether you choose to do gorilla trekking or the habituation experience, you are already contributing to the survival and continuity of Ugandan mountain gorillas.
- Done in all the four mountain gorilla parks including Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Mgahinga National Park in Uganda plus Volcanoes in Rwanda and Virunga National Park in Congo.
- You spend 1 hour with the gorillas
- Gorilla permit is at USD 600 (will be 700 starting July 2020)
- 8 persons are allowed per group per day
- Gorilla Habituation experience is only done in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and with two gorilla families, one in Nkuringo and another in Rushaga sectors.
- You spend 4 hours with the gorillas
- Gorilla Habituation Experience Permit is at USD 1500
- 4 persons only are allowed for each group per day
Similarities between Gorilla Trekking and Habituation Experience
- Both gorilla trekking and gorilla habituation experience are adventure encounters with mountain gorillas.
- Both are done with habituated gorillas (gorillas adapted to suit human presence and interaction)
- The process of securing a permit and booking a tour is the same.
- All are available in Bwindi forest
- The age limit of 15 years under both wildlife concepts is the same
- Both involve trekking to meet the endangered gorillas
- Both have a set limited number of visitors to see gorillas (gorilla trekking 8) and gorilla habituation experience 4).