2 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
This 2 day gorilla trekking in Uganda from Kigali is among the most affordable ways to see gorillas in Uganda. The gorilla tour in Uganda from Kigali will take you to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the home to gorillas in Uganda for Mountain Gorilla Trekking. The tour from Rwanda begins in Kigali City where you may first go for a city tour before driving to Uganda going through Katuna or Cyanika border post.Its all about flying into Rwanda and trek gorillas in Bwindi. As long as you have booked a gorilla permit, you are 100% assured of enjoying the lifetime gorilla adventure. You can book a Uganda gorilla permit at USD 700 through your ground handler/tour operator. This 2 day Uganda gorilla tour is aimed at reducing the safari budget as well as the driving distance. Kigali is closer to Bwindi and take about 3 hours to connect from one destination to the other compared to Entebbe or Kampala from where ground travelers spend 8 to 10 hours to reach t6he park. This makes the Kigali-Bwindi gorilla trekking option the most ideal one. You want to save energy and time on a gorilla safari, dont look further beyond this 2 day gorilla trip to Bwindi.
- Fly into Rwanda or Stay and Overnight in Kigali before transferring to Bwindi or Mgahinga in Uganda for Gorilla Trekking.
- Visit the Mountain gorillas in the park and then transfer back to Kigali for overnight or evening flight.
Detailed Trip Itinerary
Day 1: Picked from Kigali Airport or Hotel, transfer to Uganda
You will be picked from either Kigali International Airport or a hotel in the city. You may wish to have a brief city tour during which you would visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial and other attractions in Kigali. This would depend on the available time. After the tour, you will have lunch and then leave for Uganda going to either to Bwindi impenetrable forest or Mgahinga national park. The drive take about four hours to arrive at the lodge. Arrive in the evening, check in, refresh, have dinner and then take a sleep. Overnight stay at Chameleon Hill Lodge, Nkuringo Gorilla Camp, Gorilla Mist Camp, Gorilla Safari Lodge, or Bakiga Lodge on Full Board.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking and Drive Back to Kigali
Enjoy a delicious early morning breakfast and transfer to the park for briefing. After the briefing exercise where you are told about the gorilla tracking rules and regulations, then you start the adventure. Bwindi Gorilla trekking starts at 8:00 am with a briefing by the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) staff. Make sure that you read about the gorilla tracking packing list to know what to carry and not. Ensure that you move with the rain jacket, drinking water, snacks, long-sleeved shirt, jungle boots and many more. The park guide and rangers will lead you into the jungle to see the endangered gorillas. The trekking exercise may take between 2 to 8 hours based on the gorilla movement and hiking pace. Whatever the duration, the walking is worth the effort. On seeing the gorillas, you will spend an hour with them and then leave the park. You will then drive back to Kigali in Rwanda where you arrive in the evening. You driver guide will drop you to airport in case of an evening flight or to your booked hotel. This will mark the end of a 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Adventure in Uganda.
What is included in the trip price?:-
- A gorilla trekking permit per person
- Private transport in comfortable safari vehicle throughout the trip
- Services of a professional full-time English speaking driver guide
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
- En route meals and bottled water during the tour
- Everything as mentioned in the itinerary
Excluded Items Include:- International flights, Visas plus all expenses of personal nature like drinks, tips or souvenirs.
What to Pack for the two-day Gorilla Tour?
Gorilla Trekking just like mountain climbing, chimpanzee trekking or any other form of adventure hiking requires certain requirements to be fulfilled for maximum enjoyment. What to carry on this gorilla safari to Uganda include the following essentials:-
- Water: Since gorilla trekking involves climbing steep and hilly areas, you need to carry enough water for hydration purpose.
- Rain Jacket: This will protect you from the unpredictable rain and cold conditions in the thick impenetrable forest.
- Hiking Boots: Carry with you strong walking shoes that are waterproof as well just in case of rain or muddy footpaths.
- Snacks: Besides your breakfast at the lodge, you need snacks to maintains enough energy for the body in motion.
- Long sleeved shirts and trousers: These are ideal for protecting your body from biting insects or pricking thickets.
- Thick Socks: When you put on long socks, you tuck in your trouser to guard your legs against creatures that crawl.
Sturdy Gardening Gloves: These gardening gloves during gorilla trekking will help you support your selves strongly on branches or vines and also protect you against nettles that may scratch your body.
- Camera: This will help your capture all the interesting moments of the adventure in the wild.
- A small waterproof backpack: Do not carry many items but atleast put a camera, batteries, phones, drugs if any, water and sun cream in your backpack. Such backpack will keep your essential items together and safely.
Related Gorilla Safari Tours in Uganda
Uganda Gorilla Trips by Flying Entebbe to Bwindi or Kisoro Town